One Comment

  1. If I understand correctly, Bitcoin cannot be forked so easily; at least 75% of nodes need to signal their approval for the implementation of a BIP (Bitcoin Improvement Protocol). Given sufficient signaled approval, the network will then try to adopt the new rule(s), but only if 95% of nodes follow. If successful, the value of the remaining chain (maximum 5%) would be rather small, and therefore less valuable. High hurdles for change and high incentive to be with the main chain are meant to make rogue forks difficult as well as keep the consensus on the same chain.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *